TUNGSTEN OXIDE GENERATOR
Adjustable aerosol generation between 1.2 and 20 nm
The Grimm 7860 WOx generator is a ready-to-use instrument to produce well defined aerosol particles in the size range between 1.2 – 20nm. Its principle of operation is based on the sublimation of tungsten oxide. Heated tungsten reacts in dry, clean air to several oxides and nitrates. A heating cell around a WOx coil provides a temperature of approximately 900°C – the sublimation temperature of WO3. Tungsten oxide sublimates into a controlled fraction of the carrier gas and is immediately diluted when exiting the heated zone by a flow of purified air. (Reischl et al. 1997, Ankilov et al. 2002, Steiner 2006).
My means of three adjustable flows (WOx air, carrier air, dilution air) and a variable heating source, the mean particle diameter and output number concentration of the aerosols can be controlled.
The generator operates with an external compressed air supply (2-6 bar). An automatically operating security valve secures the instrument in the case of accidental overpressure.
The unit is designed in accordance with the German VDI-Standard 3491.
- particle size range 1.2 - 20nm
- well-defined aerosol material (WOx)
- controllable particle mean particle diameter
- controllable particle number concentration
- external compressed air supply (2 – 6 bar)
- integrated cleaning system
- fine filter efficiency test
- inhalation and toxicology studies
- mixing and coating processes (e.g. for ceramic technology)
- determination of the detection limits and efficiency of condensation particle counters
|particle size range||1.2 – 20 nm|
variable up to 107 p/cm³
outlet aerosol flow rate
0.3 - 39 L/min
|air supply||external compressed air (2 – 6 bar; oil and particle free)|
85 – 264 VAC / 47 – 440 Hz
dimensions (h x w x d)
22 x 17.7 x 27 cm (8.7 x 7 x 10.6 inch)
7.5 kg (16.5 lbs)